On Wednesday I did a bit of painting.
First, I decided to try and get the feel of trees by painting some canvas board and putting clingfilm on, pulling it vaguely into the shape of tree branches. I used a mixture of acrylics and watercolours on acrylic canvas.
Here it is drying:
I didn’t realise that red was as red as it was, if you see what I mean, but hey, artistic license!
This is it now it is dried and I’ve taken the clingfilm off. I think this is the best way up for the trees. I will add some paint and crayon to it, I think, to make the trees stand out but I think you can see vague outlines.
I had some paint to use up then, so I decided to do the same thing with some lutradur. Instead of putting the clingfilm on top of it, I put it underneath it and weighted it down so the clingfilm would stay put. This was because the paint tended to soak through and collect underneath.
Here it is, before I covered it:
And here is the result:
I don’t think the clingfilm made much difference here… (the colours are more true on the bottom photo).
I also then painted some more lutradur with blues and greens. I dribbled a lot of water on it and in places this is leeching the paint away on to the drop cloth.
In this photo you can just see the book I was using for guidance – Mary Todd Beam’s Celebrate Your Creative Self. I love this book.
Here is the blue piece when it dried:
The colour is a BIT stronger than this photo shows but not much. As you can see, the area where I dripped the most water on it has lost most of its paint.
All in all, a fun exercise!!