I’m pleased with the results. I got a lot done from the one screen, more than I was expecting. The first piece was fairly light because the dyes had only just started to break down. I overlapped the printing deliberately to fill the fabric and get a random effect.
Here is a detailed shot. Some of the parts are quite delicately patterned.
This is the next piece of printing which has deeper colours. By the way, with these two pieces I was just printing with print paste and the colours were coming from the dried dye colours on the screen.
Here is the next one. I have started to use some thickened dyes in the same colours (red and blue mainly) and there is more getting through the screen because the dried on dye has broken down quite a lot.
And a detail:
The last one – this is mainly print paste being screened on with very little image left. I think the colours blurred a bit more because I ran out of plastic to roll it in and just scrunched it into a plastic bag to cure! But that’s okay. I used red and green print paste this time.
And finally, a detail: