Progress of trees!

This is what one of the trees looked like when I heated it. I ironed it first from the back, carefully ensuring it didn’t get too distorted and remained fairly flat as a whole, then I used a heatgun from the front to bring it up a bit more.

white tree emerging from green fabric

I then painted it with acrylic paint diluted with water and rubbed some of it off.

brown tree now!

I then cut it out and cut out something that looks vaguely like clumps of leaves. These have Bondaweb on the back but I haven’t ironed them down yet – I need to do several more first. And trim the fabric at the top so it looks more like part of the tree…

trees cut out from fabric with leaves

I also heated the rocks – now they are standing out more from the fabric and are more visible.

white rocks or will be when I've finished with them!

I painted one with the dilute paint mixture and wiped it off so you can see the glitter underneath. It brings out the texture in the xpandaprint. (The black shadow is the paint on the fabric but this will be cut off eventually).

painted rock

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 Comments:

  1. This is really clever, I’m impressed!

  2. I like the progress of your trees. I need to make an apple tree on my Black,white and orange piece. Not sure how to go about it yet, but I don’t think Xpandaprint is the answer this time though.

  3. I love having a chance to study each stage of the work. It’s beautiful.

  4. It’s fascinating, watching this piece grow and evolve – I love it!

  5. Hi Liz,
    Many thanks for the trees, they are much betterb than I had envisaged, I just thought of cutting out fabric and sticking on !!! absolutly super but a lot of work for you.

Comments are closed