Yesterday I actually got into my studio and did something! I decided that since the big table was covered in plastic to catch the leaks, I might as well use it to do something messy. So I had a go at discharging, using Jacquard discharge paste. I wish one of the kids had been there to take a photo of me in the respirator … I must have looked like something from outer space! But I needed it – that stuff is truly wiffy.
I stencilled these pieces using freezer paper stencils. I managed to reuse them three or four times before they got too gunky and unusable.
For this one, I had already done some printing with fabric paint using sequin waste, and the paint acted as a resist. These are figures copied from a newspaper picture.
I also printed discharge paste with bubble wrap and a spirally whisk I found in a charity shop. Sorry that the photos are a bit blurred – my camera battery needed recharging.
I was pleased with the results – they are better than the photos suggest.
Finally, I decided to make use of one of the rusty meat dishes which we are using as a rain-catcher! I put some of my previously rusted fabric in there to rust some more.