Hello! I’m a textile artist living in South Wales in the UK. Welcome to my blog. You can see more details of my work on my website.
A few things about me:
* I love the feel and texture of fabric, the effects of layering it and using sheers to give the illusion of depth or cutting back layers to reveal hidden elements underneath.
* A City and Guilds certificate in Patchwork and Quilting (completed June 2004) got me started working with layers of fabric, experimenting with paint, dye and other media and learning about colour and design.
* The Quiltart email discussion list, based in the US, has provided me with challenges, ideas and stimulation. My journal quilts and fabric postcards originated here (see Portfolio).
* I am based in Wales, in the UK, where I have lived with my husband and 3 boys since 1989.
* Read my blog (online journal) to see photos of my everyday life, inspiration and the process of designing and making my art.
* I have always made things: knitting and sewing at a young age, though usually from patterns and magazines. I first bought a sewing machine in the 1980s when I needed a dress for my brother’s wedding. My degree in history reflects my interest in the past and I love visiting textile museums, silk mills etc.