I’ve been a bit in the doldrums regarding creativity recently, or at least the textile sort. So I had to force myself to get down to printing the next in the reeds series and it was a slow start. But now I think I’m getting into it!
Here is the sample piece I produced for what I want to do. I’m trying to capture a grey, glowering sky with the dirty-gold reeds against it. This is just a practice piece to help me see how the lighter colours of the yellow-gold will show up against the grey.
It is going to consist of many layers. Here are the first two, not looking too promising yet…
Next I started with one thermofax screen.
And then another….
At least another 5 layers to go… This is a slow process, as I have to wait for each layer to dry before I add the next. I’m using fabric paints. But it fits in with my routine at the moment: lots of cooking food for teenagers and countless household tasks, packaging up Gocco machines (only three left now, the pile is going down!), and my least favourite, juggling with figures for the tax return. Not so many visits to quilt shows or textile museums, though I did manage my first ever visit to Ikea now that DS1 has passed his driving test! And lots of family tree research, and I’m plotting a visit to the National Archives in London….
So, to conclude this post, here is my design board at the moment: