I finally did some stitching last week! I don’t seem to have done any for ages, apart from mending 🙁
We have a headboard for our bed and over time the padding and foam filling had disintegrated so much that it was hanging by a few tatters of cloth. So I decided to make a quilted cover instead.
A few years ago I made a very simple quilt top from a pack of 4” squares I’d bought at a show somewhere. They were obviously a sort of rainbow pack! It was a square, but a couple of rows of unpicking and restitching made them into the perfect shape for my headboard.
This is the result – definitely bright and cheerful!
I quilted the top with very free machine spirally sort of shapes and backed it with some ready quilted fabric that I had on my shelves.
Here it is on our bed. (It wasn’t really night, the sun was shining through the windows so I had to use fill in flash!).
My quilting is definitely a bit rusty but it felt good to be ‘drawing’ spirals with the machine again!
Meanwhile, we are in the grip of a big freeze. Not thick snow like the north of the country, but the wisteria has a white covering now:
When I ventured into the garden I took a few photos as well.
Last night it was very foggy and on my walk I took a few experimental photos on my new Blackberry. The camera on it seems a bit hit and miss but I am pleased with the way this one turned out!