The deadline for the second piece of work for the International Quilt Challenge is today and I have just written a post on the challenge blog all about it. You can read it here.
The theme this time was ‘Through the Window’ and as you will see from my blog post, my piece turned out differently from what I was originally planning!
I struggled to find enthusiasm for making it but got into it more and more each day. I definitely need deadlines to get me working!
I finally did some stitching last week! I don’t seem to have done any for ages, apart from mending
We have a headboard for our bed and over time the padding and foam filling had disintegrated so much that it was hanging by a few tatters of cloth. So I decided to make a quilted cover instead.
A few years ago I made a very simple quilt top from a pack of 4” squares I’d bought at a show somewhere. They were obviously a sort of rainbow pack! It was a square, but a couple of rows of unpicking and restitching made them into the perfect shape for my headboard.
This is the result – definitely bright and cheerful!
I quilted the top with very free machine spirally sort of shapes and backed it with some ready quilted fabric that I had on my shelves.
Here it is on our bed. (It wasn’t really night, the sun was shining through the windows so I had to use fill in flash!).
My quilting is definitely a bit rusty but it felt good to be ‘drawing’ spirals with the machine again!
Meanwhile, we are in the grip of a big freeze. Not thick snow like the north of the country, but the wisteria has a white covering now:
When I ventured into the garden I took a few photos as well.
Last night it was very foggy and on my walk I took a few experimental photos on my new Blackberry. The camera on it seems a bit hit and miss but I am pleased with the way this one turned out!