This is the fabric I printed before I discharged it:
I discharged it with the same screen and I like the results, especially the blue coming out – that must have been some turquoise dye that didn’t discharge.
And a detail:
The first layer of the next two fabrics is on this page of my blog and the second layer is here. I decided that I preferred this green fabric horizontally as I could see sort of leafy/flowery shapes. So I added a lot of circles and a few swirls here and there and this is the result:
The fabric in the photo below looked much better when I had activated the discharge paste but before I rinsed it. For some reason, the discharged orange areas just looked like a paler gold but when I rinsed it, they turned a sort of greeny colour. Maybe this was from the blue underneath that wasn’t showing when the thick discharge paste was on top of it. Anyway, it’s just an example of the unpredictability of this process! Or my lack of experience in it… I quite like the results anyway, even though they aren’t as striking as I thought they would be. It opens up some lighter areas on to the fabric.
And a detail. I mostly printed discharge paste with the same screens as I used for the original layers but I also scraped some through a circular stencil in places.