This is what one of the trees looked like when I heated it. I ironed it first from the back, carefully ensuring it didn’t get too distorted and remained fairly flat as a whole, then I used a heatgun from the front to bring it up a bit more.
I then painted it with acrylic paint diluted with water and rubbed some of it off.
I then cut it out and cut out something that looks vaguely like clumps of leaves. These have Bondaweb on the back but I haven’t ironed them down yet – I need to do several more first. And trim the fabric at the top so it looks more like part of the tree…
I also heated the rocks – now they are standing out more from the fabric and are more visible.
I painted one with the dilute paint mixture and wiped it off so you can see the glitter underneath. It brings out the texture in the xpandaprint. (The black shadow is the paint on the fabric but this will be cut off eventually).