is how I think of this quilt-in-the-making.
You may remember I pieced the strips and put it together in a different format. When I got my design board I played around with it a bit more and put it like this and decided that I liked it better this way so I sewed the strips together. Taking the photo has made me realise that the bottom row colours are quite different from the rest, although it is not so obvious in reality. I obviously need to do something to tie them in a bit more. Some stamping on the green strips perhaps.
I also made a larger version of the landscape postcards.
This is about 12 inches by 10 inches or thereabouts. That light green bit on the third row from the top is green handmade paper. I think I need to do something with that large dark row in the middle. I’m also going to do some stitching on it: trees and suchlike. This postcard was the smaller version of it. It’s funny how it is difficult to scale something up without making adjustments.
I spent a large part of the afternoon printing trees out on to Lasertran and that t-shirt transfer paper. And on to brown lokta paper which I bought from Fibrecrafts. It is A4 size and meant to go through printers. I’m going to have a play with them. I feel like making a journal or something about trees. I’ve been looking at Lynne Perrella’s book, Artists’ Journals and Sketchbooks for inspiration. I think I’ve been going through a fallow period the last few months and haven’t really felt like quilting so I’m going to try and get my enthusiasm back by ‘playing’ in different ways.