Here is my design board standing up on its wheels before I put the flannel on:
And here it is after I had covered it with white flannel, which I bought from Cotton Patch. I pinned it with copious drawing pins into the wooden frame on the reverse. I stuck a piece of fabric on it to test its stickability! It is some which I painted in 2005 when I was working my way through The Artist’s Way. I must do something with it sometime – the story of my life! I seem to paint and dye much more fabric than I ever have time to stitch…..
Talking of fabric, here are some of the results of my printing with the blocks I made in the last post:
This was the block with the string wrapped round it.
For this one, I used the large rectangular print block and painted it with three colours. The gold is metallic powder mixed with Ormoline fabric medium and the other two colours are Jacquard Pearlex powders.
I did this by rolling a brayer in the paint (when I say paint, I mean the powders mixed with Ormoline) and then rolling the brayer over the print block so that it picked up the image, and then I rolled it on the fabric.
I did this one just by rolling the brayer in the paint and then rolling it on to the fabric – the paint formed the organic, swirly shapes.
I will probably overprint these with something else later to add more depth.
It was St David’s Day on Thursday so I bought these daffodils to brighten up the kitchen table: