DH is in the process of making me a design board. Following instructions on Quiltart and on Mrs Mel’s blog, we went to buy a piece of 8′ by 4′ insulation board. It was interesting getting it home in the car, particularly as we had two of the boys with us!
Here it is sitting in my studio. By the way, the latter is relatively tidy.
He has now put a wooden frame round it and glued it in place, although he thinks he will have to use a different glue because that one isn’t holding too well. He is then going to put some supports on the base with little wheels attached so I can move it round.
Here it is as it is at present. He is off tomorrow so hopefully it will progress then….
I haven’t been doing too much in the studio lately but today, inspired by an article in Stitch Magazine by Ruth Issett on using metallic powders and Jacquard Pearl-Ex powders (amongst other things), both of which I have and don’t use much, I made a few stamp blocks in preparation. I glued fun foam on to mountboard in various patterns and a few other things like string:
There is a big one here too…
Hopefully in a few days I’ll have done something with them, once the PVA glue dries. I put it on quite thick to make it nice and waterproof as well as ensuring that the fun foam stays on. We made quite a few stamps out of this during City & Guilds and I still use some of them, particularly a spiral one. Sealed with acrylic paint, it is quite sturdy!