I painted some fabric on Monday! Yay hay! The first thing textiley I have done for months…or so it seems. But I only ironed it today because on Monday night I started to go down with this horrible fluey cold and could barely drag myself out of bed Tuesday and Wednesday. Just gunky today though.
Anyway, I took a photo of it hanging on the line before the dreaded lurgy started.
But first I was distracted by Cobweb, looking chocolate-boxey lying on the roof of what used to be a shelter for the kids bikes. (Now they just clutter up the garage…).
Here are the fabrics. I used acrylic paints and just some scraps of polycotton I have around. I thought if it was going to make it stiff, I might as well use up the polycotton rather than cotton. The only problem is, I won’t be able to overdye it or screen print it with procion dyes. But I can use it for the backs of postcards or as it is. I just like sploshing the paint on! Though I won’t get this cheap Dali acrylic paint from The Works again. The yellow stuff was all stiff and grainy. I had to throw it out. Ik. I will stick to Golden in future, even though I have to go to Cardiff to get it!
It is a deeper colour than the photos suggest.
Here are a couple of detailed photos from when I was ironing them. Again, the colours are deeper than they look here. In the sparkly one, I mixed some irridescent Golden medium in with the coloured stuff.