I worked hard this week and finished the velvet jacket made from a sweatshirt. Hurray! This was despite Barnabas being off school most of the week with a tummy bug and Edmund decorating the landing. Still, Barnabas came in handy to take photos of me modelling it. I’m glad I finally finished something – last week I hardly did anything textile related.
Here is the front of it with half my button collection scattered over it. I couldn’t find buttons all one colour so I decided to go for the mad, merry look. I have also considered sewing some at random over the jacket itself but having done 7 so far, that is definitely enough for now!
The inside was a boring off-white colour so I decided to use my Chromacoal pastels to colour it and make it potentially reversible. I like seams showing. The rough look, me. These pastels can be heat set to make them permanent. Time will tell if I ironed them enough….
And …. fanfare!!… here is the finished article.
It goes quite well with this scarf I made a few years ago out of some of the same silk velvet I used for the jacket. It feels gorgeous. I can’t stop stroking it.